Sparksupport is looking for a Senior Python/Django Backend Engineer with 5+ years of experience building web services to join our growing team of Engineers to help architect, build and run our products. Should have prior experience of being responsible for building sufficiently complex products / services and mentoring software engineers. We will be working as an extension of a team from the US and there is a great opportunity to work with multi-culture environment.
- Leading a team of engineers working on our product roadmap.
- You are expected to contribute to feature development with hands-on development tasks
- Oversee software architecture, source control workflows, CI/CD processes and perform code reviews to ensure exceptional code quality
- You will be responsible for improving the development experience and the quality of the codebase.
- You will define and uphold best practices and coding standards for the team.
- Responsible for architecture and design decisions
- Own stability and performance of the service that you work on.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your area of expertise
- 2+ years of experience in a technical lead role designing and building complex backend systems
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent knowledge of best-practices and coding patterns
- You have deep knowledge of Python, Django, relational databases and web services
- You have experience working with Git and also know the basics of docker and CI/CD pipeline
- Extensive experience with Linux/UNIX production environments
- Experience in handling multiple databases such as Postgres, Postgis, MongoDB etc.
- Experience in dealing with geo related data such as spatial queries and using geo django
- Knowledge in various caching techniques and handling async tasks with celery and Rabbitmq
- Good understanding in deployment of applications using web servers and gateway interfaces like Nginx, WSGI and Gunicorn
- Experience in containerizing applications and services, good knowledge in docker and docker-compose preferred
- You have a strong sense of quality in terms of both program architecture and code style
- You love digging into technically complex problems to troubleshoot and find out a solution
- You care about continuously improving and shipping the product
- You are pragmatic about making technical decisions to make sure they align with actual business needs. You understand the trade-offs when building for product value, reliability, or performance
- You have good communication skills. You can discuss and explain your point of view clearly and effectively
- Engineering degree is must (B.E. CS preferred)
Hybrid Work Model
Great Work Environment
Platform to hone your skills
SparkSupport Infotech Pvt Ltd is one of the leading IT solution providers in India. We manage the most complex and mission critical infrastructure for organizations across the globe. Furthermore we develop scalable, micro-service based web applications using the back-end technologies like Python, PHP, Perl node.js and front-end technologies like angular, vue.js, react.js etc. Additionally we develop native apps in iOS and Android. On top of it, we also develop apps using PowerApps and visualization using PowerBI. Our skills cater to the end to end IT requirements of every customer. We also do have a strong devops team who manages 100s of docker containers and manages them on a day-to-day basis. At spark you will enjoy an empathetic, cordial, dynamic, passionate attitude from every employee.